Monday, November 24, 2008

Project Lamp


I hope this doesn't become a habit. I need to post more often but I dunno sometimes I just feel that what I make is just not worth talking about. Then everyone goes but it is alpa ............ you should you goose. So I'm kind of back in the groove - I think. This is a project I have been working on for a while.

We built some cabinets at work that required alot of oyster lights however, the clients didn't want the actual shade only the fluorescent tubing. So anyway my mind was going into overload thinking hmmmmm what could I possibly do with these, It would be such a waste to just throw them out. After much thinking I came up with this. The type of lighting and base need some more work but basically this is how it should look.

The oyster shades will be stacked on top of each other and glued on the edges. I reckon the first few shades could do with 8mm holes this should help the light to travel higher which would mean I could have more than 7 shades. The other thing I need to work on is the type of light. The shades are plastic so I need to get research cool bulbs. The first image has 7 shades which gives out quite a subtle light. The second image has more shades which doesn't let the light travel and hence the holes I think that should fix the problem. I am really excited about these. I would like these to stand fairly tall on a nice basic white box.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home